LiveShot Rackmount works with:
LiveShot encodes and decodes video to the H.264 codec standard, which is the state-of-the-art codec for high quality video using low network bandwidth. But not all H.264 encoders are alike. Within the standard, several lesser-quality profiles are available to conserve processing power. For optimal video quality, LiveShot encodes with H.264 HIGH profile. While this option is unavailable in competing products, all H.264 options that maximize quality over poor networks and decrease latency are implemented in LiveShot.
Comrex has years of experience encoding live, low-latency audio over IP networks for broadcast, and LiveShot shows it. In addition to standard AAC audio coding, LiveShot uses HE-AAC and AAC-ELD audio coding, both reducing network bandwidth and lowering delay.
LiveShot can encode and decode an audio/video stream with less than 200mS delay (depending on encoding mode and network factors). LiveShot uses an automatic decoder buffer manager to keep delay to an absolute minimum.
LiveShot delivers full-duplex video and stereo audio. In addition, a full-duplex cue channel is available between the systems.
LiveShot utilizes CrossLock VPN to create a stable and secure connection across the public Internet. CrossLock adds intrusion protection, encryption, and forward error correction. Using CrossLock, LiveShot units are able to connect at the touch of a button.
Comrex Switchboard is a feature that allows users to bypass common IP networking snags (like private LANs and firewalls) by routing data through a private server maintained by Comrex.
Switchboard within the hardware codec enables the following functions:
- Comrex codecs can sync with a cloud based server and deliver status information
- Comrex codecs can determine their public IP address and the type of any NAT-style router ahead of the codec, and display that information to the user
- Comrex codecs can display presence, status, NAT info and IP addresses of other codecs within the same fleet
- Comrex codecs can share this information with codecs outside the fleet (Shares)
- Comrex codecs can take instruction from the server on how best to traverse NATs when placing a call between two codecs
Switchboard TS is included in the purchase of any LiveShot codec.