ACCESS Portable 2USB works with:
Comrex POTS codecs (with some limitations)
IP networks are available virtually everywhere. ACCESS 2USB offers several ways to get connected. You can utilize the included USB Wi-Fi modem to connect to widely available HotSpots or use the integrated Ethernet ports to connect to wired DSL or broadband cable IP networks. Either of the two USB ports will accommodate connections to 3G/4G cellular data networks using Comrex supported USB devices. ACCESS 2USB also includes a USB POTS/PTSN modem for use on legacy analog phone lines.
Quite simply the most advanced network management tool on the market today, CrossLock gives users the ability to manage and bond multiple data connections together simultaneously. When a new network is introduced, Crosslock will immediately evaluate how much bandwidth is available, while factoring in latency and jitter information, and combine the two connections to take advantage of all available bandwidth. More than just combining networks, CrossLock can also monitor each data connection individually and, when necessary, apply appropriate error correction, recovery, or concealment techniques.
With its 7-hour Lithium Ion battery, integrated mixer, easy-to-navigate touch screen, and handheld form factor, ACCESS can go (and has gone) just about everywhere.
ACCESS is compatible with smartphone applications, including Linphone and Luci Live. Connect to ACCESS from your smartphone quickly and easily for easy drop-ins and spontaneous remotes.
ACCESS is also compatible with FieldTap. A free application for iOS and Android, FieldTap makes it simple to connect with the touch of a button. Plus, FieldTap is compatible with all other Comrex IP audio codecs.
Comrex Switchboard is a feature that allows users to bypass common IP networking snags (like private LANs and firewalls) by routing data through a private server maintained by Comrex.
Switchboard within the hardware codec enables the following functions:
- Comrex codecs can sync with a cloud based server and deliver status information
- Comrex codecs can determine their public IP address and the type of any NAT-style router ahead of the codec, and display that information to the user
- Comrex codecs can display presence, status, NAT info and IP addresses of other codecs within the same fleet
- Comrex codecs can share this information with codecs outside the fleet (Shares)
- Comrex codecs can take instruction from the server on how best to traverse NATs when placing a call between two codecs
Switchboard TS is included in the purchase of any ACCESS codec.